Total Pageviews

Sunday, May 22, 2011

The Deux Turned Five!

I can hardly believe it.  It seems like just yesterday, the Deux were born.  A resident had accidentally told me that I would be released from the hospital.  It was perfect timing.  Their dad was finally moving here from New York and his flight was due in that afternoon. Then the doctor entered my room to set the record straight and burst my bubble.  I would not be going home but would need to deliver the Deux that day at a little over 34 weeks.  Thank goodness for whoever that was that required emergency surgery, pushing my delivery back by several hours, allowing daddy to be present at their arrival. My world has never been the same.

The Deux have had birthday palozza this past week.  We started with a party at Jump! Zone on Sunday with 15 of their friends and our family members.  They even had two children crash their party! The party crashers came baring gifts too. I'm telling you, the Deux are rock stars!  Now, I have to admit, having a party on the Sunday before their actual birthday did confuse them a bit, but all was made right by the second party at school on the actual day. 

Of course, their actual birthday, started off no different than any other day.  I woke them up with birthday kisses and made a huge deal of the fact that they were now a whole hand (5)!  Every chance I could work in, I made them tell me how old they were.  Then the disagreement started.  (Insert nanny, na, na, na, na voice) Kylie exclaims that she turned five first because she's the oldest.  Kennedi furrows her brow, turns to Kylie and proclaims, "NO YOU AREN'T!" She continues, "Mommy is the oldest cause she's WAY older than you!"  Wow, Kennedi pulled off a twofer - she put her sister in her place and insulted momma at the same time! The shenanigans continue.....

1 comment:

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!