Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 12, 2011

The Gratitude Lesson Continues

The Deux have certain rituals.  One of their favorite is to have a meal of pizza and Churros after shopping at Costco.  Not too long ago, the girls came home quite upset with Daddy because he did not buy them Churros.  They were adamant that I tell him that they always have a Churro with their pizza. Of course, I seized the opportunity to explain that they didn't even have to get pizza and that they should be grateful that Daddy bought pizza and that he did not have to by them a Churro.

Yesterday, we went shopping at Costco.  This was an extra special trip.  You see, their birthday is this Tuesday and I bought them the tutus that Daddy had said they couldn't get on a previous family outing to Costco.  We bought tutus, sampled products, and ended our trip with pizza and a Churro.  Life was perfect.

As we sanitized our hands, a litany of thank yous began.  Each one individually thanked me for everything that I had purchased - tutus, juice boxes, bacon, pizza, and their beloved Churros. I think the only thing they missed was thanking me for giving birth to them.  Kennedi pauses and says, "Mommy, that's a lot of thank yous, right?"  I tell her, "Yes."  She then continues, "Is that enough thank yous?" "Am I grateful enough to eat my pizza and Churro now?"  With that, we took a bite of our pizza, anticipating the first bite of the Churro to follow.  Maybe my lesson is catching on. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!