Total Pageviews

Monday, May 30, 2011

They Deux Tickle My Funny Bone!

Not a day goes by where at some point the girls do or say something to tickle my funny bone.  Sometimes, they will say little things that will make me chuckle like asking if we are going to the "piggy bank" when I say we are going to Chase.  Other time they will say things that make me pause and wonder where in the world they came from!?!

Today was one of those times.  We were in the back yard, watering our garden and hosing down their house and jeep. Kylie goes and sits down in a chair off to the side and seems to have a pensive look on her face.  I asked her if she was okay and although she said she was fine, I got the feeling that something might be bothering her.  I put the hose down, walk over to her chair and engage her by asking her name.  Kylie responds, "I'm the new girl."  I ask her, "Do you have a name?" Kylie looks at me and begins her story. "I am a new girl from Africa." "I just got off the airplane so nobody knows my name yet, okay?"

As I'm standing there wondering where in the world this was coming from, she yells across the yard and calls her sister.  Foolishly thinking I would trip her up, I say, "New girl, how do you know Kennedi's name if you just got off a plane from Africa?"  I'm standing there grinning because I've got her now.  "Kennedi, that is your name right?" "That's what I heard that man over there (pointing at daddy) call you right?" "I'm a new girl from Africa and I just got off the airplane." "My name is Kylie, okay?"  She then looks up at me and grins, leaving me shaking my head, funny bone tickled, and wondering, WHERE DID THAT/SHE COME FROM???

No comments:

Post a Comment

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!