Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 5, 2011

The Artist Formally Known As?

A few weeks back, I kept catching glimpses of Facebook statuses commenting on Prince.  They varied from what he was wearing, what he was about to sing, and the like.  Because my attention was not completely on FB, I assumed that I happened to have more than one friend at a Prince concert somewhere.  Little did I know that he was performing and appearing on The George Lopez show.  It was not until the next day that I was able to put the full picture together and realized that I had missed this musical genius.

As the sad truth unfolded on FB, I ran across the silver lining.  Someone had posted a link to the treasure that I had missed.  I click on the link, crank up the volume, and lose myself in the baseline, in awe of his presence.  Suddenly, I feel a head leaning on my shoulder, and it is then that I realize that I've been joined by Kennedi.  She looks up at me and asks, "Mommy, who is that?"  I tell her that it is Prince and she lays her head back on my shoulder.  A few minutes pass and she remains quiet.

My mind immediately shifts to the possibilities.  It appears that she has an appreciation for this purple wonder.  Perhaps this will be a special mommy/daughter bond that just she and I share.  After all, Kylie is in the room and has not even paid us a bit of attention.  I go on to envision concerts together, her asking me to tell her the story of my trip to Paisley Park just one more time, and then she looks up at me, uttering the five words that would shatter my purple dream, "Mommy, where is the King?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!