Total Pageviews

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A ReBlogcast at My Sister's Request

 My sister has numerous favorite stories of the girl's shenanigans and she thought it a good idea to share, so here are two short ones to make her stop asking :-)! 

 Story 1: The girls were sick and taking medicine.  Kylie takes medicine like a pro!  There is no fussing, no beating around the bush - she just swallows it and is done.  Kennedi, on the other hand, will hold the medicine, play with the cup, and make every excuse under the sun to not complete the task at hand.  This particular day, she had been holding on to her cup of medicine for FAR too long.  It was time for Mama Deux to take action.  I went and placed my body in front of the television to block "The Wonder Pets".  I informed Kennedi that I would turn off the television if she didn't take her medicine.  Kennedi promptly jumped down from her seat, stepped around me, turned off the television, stepped BACK around me and then stared me in the eye, holding the cup of unfinished medicine.  The look said it all.  In fact, the only thing missing was her saying, "What deux YOU have to say now?"

Story 2: Due to fish being ranked as one of the top 8 allergic foods, pediatricians and publications often used to warn against giving fish to children under the age of 1.  Our two have voracious appetites and have been eating table food since before their first birthday.  Baby food did nothing for them. This one particular day, hubby and I were having fish for dinner.  Kylie kept trying to reach on my plate for a piece of the fish.  I would take her hand, move it, and tell her no.  This went on for several more failed attempts. Daddy launches into this explanation (though as I think back, I'm not sure of who it was for) as to why Kylie couldn't have a piece of fish.  In the midst of this explanation, Kennedi reaches on my plate, grabs the fish and shoves it in her sister's mouth. So much for whatever we were saying.  What my twin wants, my twin will get! 

3 comments:

  1. I love little odd girls. They grow up to be great women.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As though I'm the only one reminding you of earlier shenanigans. You have 4 years (give or take a day or two) of stories to "reBlogcast." Get busy.

    ReplyDelete

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!