Total Pageviews

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Daddy, I'm Not a Prospector!

After yesterday's great bacon interrogation, the girls tell me that they don't have homework but have to bring a rock to school tomorrow - not too big and not too small. Of course this is after we have walked home past plenty of rocks - four blocks of rocks, to be exact.  Well, I had to work last night and still had plenty to do to get ready, so I gave daddy the rock finding duty.

Daddy informs me that while out searching for rocks, the girls had a difficult time choosing.  In an effort to help the girls with their rock selection, he points out a rock that resembles a nugget.  Daddy, thinking they will be excited says, "Look Kylie, this one looks like a nugget."  Kylie promptly informs Daddy that she's not looking for gold, she's looking for rocks! Kylie emphasized, " My teacher told us to bring a rock, not too big and not too small - NOT a gold nugget!" What was daddy thinking and who the heck has been teaching them about prospecting? SMH

1 comment:

  1. Okay, I just KNEW that the "nugget" comment was going to lead to a request for McDonald's.... They fooled me again. :)

    ReplyDelete

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!