Total Pageviews

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Bacon Sleuths Strike Again

My girls LOVE bacon! As well behaved as they are, I honestly believe that they would fight you over a piece of bacon.  I used to try to give them one slice but they quickly established the routine of begging for more, staring you down, staring your bacon down, or even swiping a piece off the counter.  They have favorite kinds of bacon and will promptly tell you which kind they want. So they were upgraded to two pieces and now I only serve it on the weekends in a effort to limit their intake.

Tonight, I teach until late and usually if I skip breakfast, I will wind up starving by the time class is over.  In an effort to choose what to eat, I weighed my options.  Bacon crossed my mind, but I knew there would be a price to pay.  I tried to come up with other options but decided that if I had pizza waiting for them, I would be okay, right? WRONG. 

I picked the girls up from school, we walked in the door, and Kylie immediately asks, "What do I smell?"  Kennedi whips around and gives me the side eye while inquiring, "Do I smell bacon?" Well, my first thought was that I will not be questioned and bullied by these two bacon sleuths. My second thought? Pizza is NOT going to be a substitute. So I explain that I did have bacon for breakfast while they were at school and no, I had not saved any for them.  Kylie then asked, "Did you forget it's nice to share?" They walked up to me, jackets and book bags still on and almost simultaneously asked, "Can we have some bacon for lunch, PLEASE?"

Yes, you guessed it, pizza and bacon for lunch. I knew how this would end when I started cooking that beloved bacon. Maybe someone will invent an odorless bacon one day and that will be the day that I can have my bacon without being busted by the bacon sleuths.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!