Total Pageviews

Monday, April 18, 2011

The Deux Reflect on Growing Up

Remember when you were little and couldn't wait to grow up? Being older seemed to offer so much promise!  Well, this weekend provided a contrast in opinions by four little girls, none over the age of 10.  It started off when I took my cousins, ages 8 and 10, to get their hair done.  I was rattling off the birthday months of the four children in their family when Casey says that she doesn't like being the youngest.  Her older sister and the third born tells her, "What, are you kidding? I loved being the youngest.  You just don't have enough experience yet." Needless to say, I could have crashed my car laughing.  They continued on,  debating who is spoiled by whom and the perks of being the youngest.  Taylor, then adds, "Getting older is overrated.  I wish I could go back to when I was the youngest." (I don't think her younger sister caught the innuendo.)  I must say that I was shocked to hear a 10 year old NOT wanting to be grown!

We came back to my house and my deux are eating breakfast, still in their pajamas.  When I start combing their hair, Kennedi begins her daily routine of 21 questions.. She wants to know if she will be able to do her own hair when she grows up, wash her hair and picking out her own clothes? Of course, my answer is affirmative to which she starts yelling, "Kylie, when we get older we can do our OWN hair!" The cheers begin and I assure them that I cannot wait for them to be able to do their own hair. Kennedi turns to me, with the most serious look on her face and says, "Well, I can't wait more than you!" I almost opened my mouth, but fortunately I was too sleepy and I just let it ride.  I too remember wanting to do everything myself and oh what I wouldn't give to be the age of the deux or even Casey or Taylor again...

2 comments:

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!