Total Pageviews

Thursday, April 7, 2011

WTDKWGTG....Deux You Understand??


We had quite a nerve-racking experience at the doctor’s office today…sorry, I was being French – I had quite a nerve-racking experience. Their doctor has two offices but we normally visit the same location.  In fact, I believe they may have been two years old the last time we visited the other location. The girls knew they were going to the doctor but were confused when I pulled into the lot of the second location.  Immediately the questions started – Do they have toys and a TV? Are there two doors – one with Mickey and one with Minnie? Do they give suckers?  Clearly, these are the questions one should consider when selecting a doctor and a location. 

The visit didn’t start off well.  The buttons to the elevator were too high for the girls to reach, there was only 1 toy in the office, 1 door, and you guessed it, no Mickey or Minnie on that one door.  They did, however, promptly call us back to a room and surely that must be a good sign, right? Well, as we waited, and waited, and then waited some more, my well behaved deux became a little restless and that’s when 20 questions started, with every other question being how long the doctor was going to take. 

Drinking and Sleeping
I desperately start searching my bag of tricks for something to get their minds off of questioning me.  I handed each of them a pen and a miniature notebook. Kennedi immediately sits next to me and starts sounding out words. “Wa – wa- wa-where…that starts with w, right mommy?” I tell her yes, and she writes down the w. She writes down the letter d and then asks,  “ Ga-ga-ga gots, what letter does gots start with?” I tell her it’s the letter g but there’s no s on the end.  She tells me that she doesn’t know how to write one, so I right the letter g for her.  She then asks, “ Does go start with g too?”  I tell her yes as I glance at her paper. WTDKWGTG  Kennedi looks at me and asks, “DO you know what it says?”  She reads, “Where is the doctor kuz we gots to go.” She then corrects herself and says, “No, what letter does have start with?”  I tell her h, she makes her correction, and continues to read her note for at least the next five minutes, “Where is the doctor kuz we have to go!” Did I mention that we waited 45 minutes to be seen? Yes, I think I was right to be French, we had quite a nerve-racking experience. I think next time, we'll go back to the office with the TV, toys and two doors - one with Mickey and one with Minnie.

4 comments:

  1. “Where is the doctor kuz we gots to go" ...I am officially rolling on the floor laughing myself silly. :D I'm so sorry you had endure the long wait but at least it gave you yet more fodder for your blog. Highly entertaining!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. with tears streaming down my face I write: YOU ARE LYING!!!
    I do love those two...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't even make this stuff up....I used to think that people would think that. I was so glad when they started revealing themselves around other people. Now I have witnesses!

    ReplyDelete

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!