Total Pageviews

Saturday, April 2, 2011

WHERE Are My Barrettes??

The WHOLE story. Kylie and Kennedi love playing barber shop (I guess because I don't get my hair done, they don't quite grasp the beauty shop concept).  They put on capes, pull out brushes, bows, the works! Now that I think of it as I'm typing this, you don't see any of these things at a barber shop, but I digress. The interesting and fortunate thing is that they RARELY play in my hair. I think it's not fun to them because since I have locs, they can't brush or comb it but just put stuff in them.  I HAVE gone to teach with a neon green barrette hidden in the back of my locs from days earlier, but most of the time I escape.

Thursday, Daddy comes home from work and he's not feeling well.  He has bad allergy and sinus issues and doesn't take medication.  He's sitting in the chair, Breathe Right strip across his nose, eyes red as the dickens, just being tortured as the girls simultaneously play barber shop. Daddy is very dark skinned and don't forget, his eyes are red right now.  They coif his do with bright orange scrunchies and barrettes.  He's quite the site and of course I am laughing hysterically as he suggests that they do mommy's hair.  I even have a picture because the girls insisted on taking a picture of their work.<insert sinister laugh here>  They even made him say cheese, which I thought was appropriate for the color of his hair decorations!Bwahhh!  The thing about the picture though, is that he has threatened me about putting it up. Stay tuned though, I will broach the subject again with him and maybe he will threaten me with something good like a divorce and THEN I'll POST IT! Just Kidding, but I am going to try to get it posted.  Let's fast forward to Friday.

Daddy leaves for work before the girls are awake.  When he comes in from work Friday evening, I can here Kylie yelling at the top of her lungs, "WHERE ARE MY BARRETTES????" He explained to her that everyone would have laughed at him at work (He works in a factory but quite frankly, he would have been the laughing stock at any locale). She promptly exclaims, "UH UHNNN, NO THEY WOULDN'T CUZ YOU LOOKED PERFECT!" Thankfully, she didn't threaten to never do his hair again. :-)

3 comments:

  1. COMEDY FOR SURE. I WANNA SEE WAYNE'S PICTURE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just too good. Okay, how 'bout this: For the morbidly curious, $10 gets you access to the picture. $20 gets you "VIP access": see the picture AND get forwarding privileges. Proceeds go to the girls' college fund. :) Lol!!

    ReplyDelete

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!