Total Pageviews

Friday, April 1, 2011

The "When You Were a Little Girl" Saga Continues....

How come they never ask me these questions when they are riding a bike, rollerskating, or hula hooping? AND who thought it was a good idea for them not to have school today? So somebody decided that Cat in the Hat was not good enough in books and decided to make it a TV show.  This show and quite frankly almost every show that they watch, except Sesame Street, sparks the SAME ANNOYING QUESTION.  Kylie: "Mommy, did you watch Cat in the Hat when you were a little girl?" Silly me, I thought I would get some "kid cred" since Cat in the Hat at least existed when I was little unlike Dora, the Backyardigans, and the like. WRONG. Me: "Well, it wasn't on TV but I read Dr. Seuss Cat in the Hat books when I was little." "In fact, one of my favorites was Green Eggs and Ham." Kylie: "Did you watch ANYTHING when you were a little girl?" (Grumbling, I should fix them, turn off this t.v. and pull the book out of their closet...but then I wouldn't be able to post this blog would I? RATS)

2 comments:

  1. Dude I'm sorry to say but all of Dr. Seuss' joint's came on CBS w/ the Charlie Brown random specials and I'm older than you. This post is good enough for my Birthday present though. Thank you maam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old B ...oh yeah, I forgot I was a "different" child. I didn't watch much TV because I found it boring...I read books! LOL

    ReplyDelete

What DEUX you have to say? Just remember, be nice or I'll sick the dynamic deux and their followers on you!